Pain in the front of my pelvis- dialation?

The last few days theres been sharp pains in the front of my pelvis. It feels bruised to the touch and intensifies when I walk for too long. Is this what dialating feels like? Or just another gift that comes with being pregnant? (38 weeks along)

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 7:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you drink red raspberry leaf tea, it will help the pain a lot, and strengthens your uterus (I would drink 3-4 cups a day, even if you're not hurting). There have it in pill form too. It is a myth that it causes labor. It is even in "mother to be" and pregnant tea mixtures. It REALLY helps though, I couldn't stand not drinking it!
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• ive been having that same pain for the past month and i havent changed in dialation since well a month ago when i ws checked . my pains get worse too but no change ,
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Not sure but this sounds like your babys is dropping or just starting to lower in your pelvis.
    Anonymous

• I think it's just another one of those "gifts". LOL. Good luck =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Like in your pubic bone right in front in the center? If that is where precisely the pain is it is because of the ligament holding together your pelvis. Here is a picture of the pelvis

http://content.answers.com/main/content/img/oxford/Oxford_Sports/0199210896.pelvis.1.jpg

The symphisis pubis is made up of cartlidge that normally is very hard. Whn you are pregnant and especially late in pregnancy your body releases a hormaon called relaxin and lets that are relax and stretch a bit to allow room for the baby to move down lower into yor pelvic cavity and eventually be born. Try sitting on an excersize ball, not even necessarily a birth ball just any old excersize ball from like WalMart (just make sure the weight limit on it is appropriate) And also try tailor sitting or sitting with your feet pushed together, not stretching the muscles just comfortably, hopefully it will help some. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2009