stretch marks...

I just gave birth three weeks ago and have very bad stretch marks on the side of my tummy. They are big and nasty. Anyone have any advice on how do get rid of them or at least reduce them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, no. I mean, people say that certain things work, but for me, NOTHING worked. I learned to love them, after about two and a half YEARS. And now that I'm having my second I know they will only get worse. It's really something I've learned to love. It's obvious I'm a mother, and that's what happens to PLENTY of women. I'm not embarrassed anymore. Like I said though, it took me two and a half years to be okay with it. I only got to be okay with it for about four months before I got pregnant again though. LOL. good luck =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 7:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• OMG the gold brand of cocoa butter has reduced mine quite a bit.
    MarandaMendez

Answer by MarandaMendez at 7:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• vit E. the higher the IU the better, It worked on making mine fade a whole lot!! Use it daily, and don't expect results over night :( it does take a while.
    norma_lee

Answer by norma_lee at 7:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i love the smell of cocoa butter and shea lotion and i use it everyday on my body. When DD was about 4 mos my fiance looked at me and was like "whoa! your belly looks awesome" i looked down and id be damned they were seriously faded. Ive heard though its about your body but thats what works for me
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 8:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• go tanning in the sun to help them fade
    lexikysmom

Answer by lexikysmom at 8:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2009