whats worse heart disease r lung

i quite smoking 8 weeks ago now all i want 2 do is eat my moms side of family has heart prombles my dads side has lung an varyies cancers is it really wroth the effort im gonna die anyway

lanegirl

Asked by lanegirl at 7:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Health

• Its your health and I wouldn't want to pick which disease to have as they can both end your life prematurely. If you don't think its worth it then do what you want to do. Either way you go, you have no idea if you will ever get heart or lung disease. To each their own and we all pick our poison and yes we will all die but why help speed up the process if we can help it. I want to see my child grow up and see my child become a mother but to each their own.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yes it is true we are all gonna die, sometimes we dont have a choice on how but between the two, to die of lung cancer or any type is a very painful death, have you seen the struggles a person has to go through just to breath... Good for you on the smoking, your lungs can and will repair some of the damage caused to them the longer you are a non-smoker. Unfortonalty, when you quit one habbit you pick up another. Try to make healthy choices, if it is boredom, drink a glass of water, keep your hands busy...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Like the PP said, we are all going to die at some point and we don't get to decide on how. Cancer is a painful way to die. I wouldn't chose either one. Don't start smoking again, when you feel like eating, go for a walk, drink a glass of water, clean, distract yourself. Chew on sugarless gum or suck on sugarless candy.Keep your hand busy, scrapbooking is a good way to keep mind and hands busy.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2009