What is your 2 year old's menu?

My dd, 21.5 months old, eats: spaghetti, cambell's fishy soup, cucumbers, broccoli, hotdogs. That's about it. I have a great cook book that I used when I made her baby food and I would like to try some other things but am very hesistant b/c I don't know if she'll eat it or not. And I don't want to waste time, money, or food. Any suggestions?

Christina7407

Asked by Christina7407 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Anything is worth the try if you want to do it. My son eats only adult food and he does really good. Just slowly try new things that you eat and maybe she will be more open to other things.
    gavinsmoma

Answer by gavinsmoma at 8:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• He eats everything we eat.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My 19 month old eats everything and has been for awhile. He likes all veggies, meats, you name it he eats it. His grandfather started him off with a variety of foods and it built really strong taste buds I guess. He doesnt turn anything down not broccoli, pasta salad, nothing lol
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Keep trying new things... and not just once. That's how kids can get stuck on just the safe "kids food" that often isn't very healthy. My daughter eats what we eat for dinner; tonight she had a pasta salad with goat cheese, hazelnuts, all sorts of herbs... she didn't want it at first but we told her we'd clap after her first bite, then her second, and after that she had a taste for it. I usually don't eat lunch with her (I have a 7 month old in a high chair to feed, too), so she eats Veggie burgers, salmon burgers, Aunt Annie's mac n' cheese, avocado (she scoops it out with a spoon), meats, yogurt, lots of fresh fruit, usually frozen veggies, lately she's been into sandwiches (grilled cheese, pb&j). But her favorite lunch: hummus, pita bread, falafel and kalamata olives. You'd be surprised the things kids will eat if you introduce a wide variety of foods from early on and if you're persistent.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Chicken tenders, french fries (or any other kind of potato), rice, broccoli, bananas, hot dogs, pasta, scrambled eggs, bagel with cream cheese, cheerios and other kinds of dry cereal, macaroni and cheese, apples, any kind of snack food! He eats some meat (like meatballs), but he's picky about that so it depends on the day. He is actually a pretty good eater, at least with trying new things. He will try anything at least one time, but that doesn't mean he'll eat it.
    bhwrn1

Answer by bhwrn1 at 8:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2009