Would you allow your 5 year old to model?

My boys were in a local ad for a prominate photography company, now I have been approached about the youngest modeling. What would you do? Is he to young?

happychic

Asked by happychic at 7:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I'd talk to him about it. See if he has any opinions on it. ...I'm not totally against it for kids that age.
    Anonymous

• I'm not a fan of the idea. I would allow a short run of it if my boys wanted to. but I wouldn't let it become an ongoing thing
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 7:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Go for it. Just don't get conned into spending all your money on it, cuz I guarantee you will run into that. They'll try to make you pay for pictures, and for modeling/acting classes, etc. If they really want your son, they won't make you pay.
    Anonymous

• If my son or daughter WANTED to model at that young of an age, I would try to pursue it. If they didn't want to or have ANY interest in it, I wouldn't press it.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I'd go for it, carefully and with lots of hesitance. NEVER shell out money, if they want your kid let them shell it out. Ask him, try out a few see how you feel about it and do it in moderation.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Hell no I wouldnt
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Do some research so you can sit down and talk with him. My 5 year old boy is involved with modeling right now and on the days where he says he doesn't want his pic taken we call and cancel. When he got into the modeling agency it's in his contract to make sure that when he says no it's no.
    originalzademom

Answer by originalzademom at 1:48 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• No, but don't let it interfere with his school, friends, and family. Why not, you never know what it could lead too. If you have to pay, stay a way. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. Nope. Too much focus already is placed on outer beauty. I think it tells your kid where their importance lies. I just am not a fan.
    Melissa823

Answer by Melissa823 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Nope.
    Anonymous