• In the Spotlight:

is there any way for me to know when i will ovulate?

I had surgery monday, and during the surgery they did a D & C. I bled for a day from it then stopped. Well it caused me to have my period early(10 days to be exact). So how do I figure out when im supposed to? Or is there a way?

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 7:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• There is also a "spike" in temperature just prior to ovulation. I say spike it is only a few tenths. There are specialized thermometers that you can buy and track your temperature when you see that you can try.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Count 14 days from the 1st day of your period. Having a dnc done can also cause bleeding to repair your uterus so it may not actually be a normal period and you could end up bleeding longer than normal as well. Your period is designed to clean all the bad stuff out of your system. I had a colcosopy where they scrape and cut pieces out to biopsy them and I got my period a few days later and called the doctor and they said my body is clearing itself out and repairing itself. But its usually 14 to 21 days so count 14 to 21 days from the first day and you should ovulate in between those 2 days. If you had a DNC don't they recommend no sex for a few weeks?
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• They said I could have sex whenever I feel ready.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yep 2 weeks from day 1

Answer by admckenzie at 7:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• There are ovulation tests you can buy from the drug store or walmart. They are pretty expensive though. But since you aren't normal yet from the surgery, I would wait an extra month just in case. But then it is fourteen to seventeen days from the day you start your period. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• But how do I know if this is my actual period? Im so confused.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 8:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2009