• In the Spotlight:

Do you recycle?

Thing is not just about recycling but about my dh he makes me so mad I just started saving alumimum cans and I know they don't pay much for those cans.
But something is something...right? They are rinsed out as soon as we use them and I flatten them out and throw them in a trash bag. My dh has a fit he says I better get rid of those stupid cans or he will, I tell him I don't see the big deal of this this is what I want to do he says its crazy I told him I can see if there were flies and the cans being thrown all over the place. I'd understand him bitching but I am being pretty neat about it. Any way I still have my cans. but what do you ladies think.
I do not let him push me around (depends on the situation I guess).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Is he complaining cuz they're in the way?
    Anonymous

• Nope, no recyclng here. They sell it to China and the crap comes back to us as inferior products.
    Anonymous

• anon :51...i didn't know that!!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Yup, sad but true.
    Anonymous

• I recycle cans and plastic. I don't care where it goes as long as it's not the land fill. Besides I have already paid a recycling fee and I'd like to get some of that back.

Anon:51 are you saying that you don't recycle because the recycled materials go to China? Do you really think that the Chinese are going to stop selling products if we don't recycle?  No they will continue to get raw materials, and I can just about guarantee their methods won't be as friendly to the environment as recycling.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 8:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Where we live in wisconsin , we are required to recycle. The city has recycling tubs and we have to sit them out with the trash every week. If you dont recycle and the trash man finds things that need to be recycled you get a fine. Isnt that ridiculous!!!
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• no, our town doesn't recycle

Answer by admckenzie at 8:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2009