My 2yr DD was jumping on the bed and gave me a foot to the stomach... I am 21 weeks

he is still moving,, would ther be symptoms if ther was a problem?

emturner

Asked by emturner at 7:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't worry sweetie. I can't tell you how many times in this pregnancy my 2 year old has landed on me, kicked me, ect. on accident and my baby is completely fine. Your baby is cusioned by amniotic fluid in his sac.

REASONS TO BE CONCERNED:

-If your child weighs more than the typical 2 year old and his weight landed on you with the kick than you might consider a call to the OB.

-You start spotting

-You start leaking fluid or think you might be(feel like your peeing on yourself but you can't control it)

-You start cramping

-Baby stops moving as frequently as normal
    Anonymous

• if something was wrong youd be cramping bad or bleeding or he wouldnt be moving . i can tell you frm when i was a kid your baby is fine . i was about 2 and jumped right on top of my mothers stomach and my brother is still just fine and 20 years old
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• That baby is fully protected and it would take a seriously hard blow to hurt it. My husband accidently kicked me while I was pregnant and he was trying to kick a rock out of the way while I was sitting in the drive way and over shot. If you notice cramping, bleeding or loss of movement then call the doctor.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You're okay. He's REALLY well protected in there.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 9:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I also want to add that I was in a car accident at 21 weeks pregnant which caused a pretty large impact and blow to the belly. My baby is just fine. :)
    Anonymous

• i took a kick from my 1 yr old at 39wks and w this one, my 85lb dog jumped right on my stomache w her paw.. everything fine here!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2009