Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cough help pls

what can make me stop coughing,been coughing for almost a week now.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Health

Answers (8)
  • Your body is going to stop once everything is out. Try sitting under steam for a little while with some vicks, get a cough decongestant, sleep and get plenty of fluids.

    Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

  • maybe you need some antibiotics. In the meantime get some robitussin DM.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

  • Try mixing a little lemon juice in some honey. This will cut some of the phlegm and also sooth. Try hot tea with honey and lemon, even better, since the vapor from the tea will help loosen the mucus. My doctor recommends Mucinex D- I think this is the one, it loosens the mucus, also.

    Answer by Bmat at 8:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

  • i have it too it's part of the flu ive had it for 3 weeks now

    Answer by nakita72 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

  • yea man this really sucks I need to work tomorrow too =( I'm gonna be coughing all through my bosses house x_x

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

  • Ty Ladies

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

  • Mucinex. It will make you cough for about 20 minutes and then you should be ok. Sleep with a vaporizer on while you are sleeping, take a hot steamy shower to help break up whatever is in your chest. If it keep going on, go to the doc. There is a wonder Rx cough syrup that has codeine in it and help keep the coughing to a minimum and will help you sleep. I take it just at night when I get really bad colds or bronchitis (I have asthma and get URI really easily and need extra help to get rid of the coughs.). You could try a Primetene mist inhaler, they are OTC. Hope you feel better soon.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

  • Delsym works more or less for me. If it's tight and not loosening up, see a doc. If it's really watery, see a doc. You could get pneumonia.

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.