Should they do away with anon?

First of all I would lik to point out that I am NOT advocating CafeMom getting rid of anon. Obviously I am posting anon myself. I just wanted to get your thoughts on this whole anon business.

Do you think if there was not the option to post and comment anonymously people would stop being so rude and downright mean? Would the rate of ridiculous questions go down?
If anon was taken away, would there still be truthful answers to questions, no matter how personal or tough they may be? Would there still be personal questions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you do away with anons there wouldn't even be a Cafemom.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yes they should get rid of it and yes it gives people more opportunity to act like asses and get away with it
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Yes. I cannot stand when people are too afraid to post their real ficticous screen name. I hate Anons.
    Anonymous

• no because that''s why I like cafemom....I love pissin moms off. makes my day
    Anonymous

• I agree with Jodi. "Some" Anons can be so rude!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• anon :11.....and you're an asshole
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I think it would be less ridiculous questions and rude comments but I also think there would be alot of moms with alot of knowledge to answer questions who wont answer because of privacy. Alot of times people post questions that the answer could be a private situation for them. For instance people ask about about diseases and etc. A mom may have been through that situation but may not want to broadcast to the whole website that shes had a disease. I think for that reason it should remain an option. I do think question posters should have the right and option to delete answers from their questions. Especially the rude and idiotic ones.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 8:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• That's what I mean by "some" anons...they actually do it purpose to "piss other moms off". They must live misearable lives so they try to make other peoples lives the same!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I believe that if you have something to say don't be afraid to show who you really are. Especially,if you have some strong beliefs. If you truly believe in something you will not be afraid to stand up for what you believe in. As for the rude anons out there! Which I have been seeing plenty lately ,stop being such cowards and show who you are. Otherwise, get off the damn boards and stop posting.
    littllea

Answer by littllea at 8:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• There has only been once that I have posted anon. I think if a person has such a strong opinon about something, then they need to stand behind it and show who they really are. Maybe just the questions should be allowed to be posted anon and not the responses? I don't really think it will cut down on the b.s., but we will at least know who to blame for the drama.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2009