So the airlines is just the beginning with larger seats or buy two?

Have you been to a furniture store lately?
Recliners are huge!! And the chair-and-a-half fad is not getting over on me, I know darn well those huge single chairs are really for obese people needing new furniture. Why not just call it plus size furniture instead of telling salesstaff to introduce the chair as the honeymoon snuggler.
When a recliner is 60 inches wide, this country has a serious problem.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Last funny thing I heard was that the "It's a Small World" ride at Disney had to take heavy people into consideration! seriously, the rides were getting stuck because people have become too fat!

We can thank childhood obesity rising 20%. and specifically we can thank video games, lunchables, and a crazy society that no longer lets their children walk to school.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• its not new and no they probably wont change seat sizes. sorry .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• that is just silly.... I like big chairs. They are really comfy. I am not an obese person.... So just get over yourself.
    Anonymous

• Southwest Airlines Forces Larger Passengers To Buy Two Tickets (June 2002) In June of 2002, Southwest Airlines announced that they would be strictly and uniformly enforcing their policy of requiring larger passengers to purchase two seats on their airplanes. The story was broken by the Washington Times, and that article quoted Miriam Berg, president of the Council on Size & Weight Discrimination. In the days following that story, Council representatives did nearly one hundred press interviews with print, radio, television and online news media. We also received countless emails, some in support of our position, others opposed. This essay will explain our position and our opposition to Southwest's policy.

SEE IN 2002 THEY DECIDED TO START ENFORCING AN ALREADY EXHISTED POLICY . STOP COMPLAINING. DO RESEARCH !

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• But couches have gotten smaller. We have to get a new couch and I can't for the life of me find one that is long enough for a man to lay down on. It's life the couch and love seat have morphed into the new size couch.
    Anonymous

• My couch is eight feet long, how tall is your man???
    Anonymous

• "My couch is eight feet long, how tall is your man???

" Very funny but we have 8 footers too and my 6 ft 3" hubby doesn't fit. Newer styles have chunky arm rests.  Perhaps that is what the other poster meant?

Mommy2Tamara

Answer by Mommy2Tamara at 10:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It is bad news when so many people are getting so fat. You know they don't exercise enough because they are sitting in their huge recliners, stuffing themselves with fatty snacks and desserts with high fructose corn syrup. Then drinking too much beer. Going to eat at fast food restaurants instead of cooking healthy foods at home. Face it---it is an epidemic and it is sad. Do they not read? The evidence is there. The Airlines have big problem. Those of us who have to sit next to a 300 pound sweaty person on a 3 hour flight also have a problem. Ewwww.
    Anonymous

• The legal team that must have worked on this proposal had to be huge. Can you imagine? In this society.
    I think people are overweight because they are depressed.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i think thats silly about those chairs... i love chair and halfs! and i'm nowhere near overweight. i love having the extra snuggle room.

on the original topic i do think that society is making way too many concessions for overweight/obese people and making it easier and more acceptable for them to remain that way. everywhere has to be more accomidating towards them so there isn't motivation to lose the weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2009