Posted before about sister now I have another question on how I should handle this, and her behavior on this

I asked a question a few days ago about how I should handle my sisters choice to have a abortion, as I am against it even though I have had it done before also, I dont think its the right choice however its her life and I cannot tell her what to do, well after I spoke with her and told her how I feel about it and that its not as easy as she thinks it will, but now its like an everyday thing where she has morning sickness and feels so bad and blah blah blah. and personally I feel like she has no right to complain if she isnt going to keep the baby, I never did as a matter of fact I never even told anyone when I had it done because I just didnt feel like I had that right being as I was not keeping the baby, I feel like telling her that she is stupid and she has no right to complain because she isnt keeping it, but I am not sure if it the right thing to do, should I just bite my tounge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• I would say what was on my mind. I'm the type to give a crap less about what someone thinks or has to say about me. I will flat out tell someone what I think of them or a decision they are making, if I'm asked, OR like it is in your situation, where she keeps complaining to me and stuff. If she feels so bad why is she having an abortion? unless you mean bad as in sick... but thats just me......
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• if she doesnt want the baby has she considered adoption?
    have her go talk to the people at a crisis preg center
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I didnt know about the other post, so I dont know all the info, but has she made the apt yet? Maybe she is having second thoughts and procrastinating. I would be supportive of her thoughts about the pregnancy, givin that you dont agree with her abortion, and maybe it will help her to think she can do this and keep the baby. And definitely have her talk to someone abou tadoption, they have agencies that you can get all your medical and housing paid for while you are pregnant. GL and I hope she changes her mind.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 8:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Well she is pretty much dead set on the abortion, I already told her she needs to think first and make an informed decision about this so she doesnt end up regretting it, but she says that she just cant do this right now because she is trying to get her life together and get her diploma (she is 20 and still hasnt gotten her HS diploma yet or anything for that matter) she is also trying to find a job and blah blah blah but really based on how she has always been in the past the truth of the matter is she just wants to be able to keep partying and do whatever and doesnt want her body to get messed up. I told her there is always adoption but she said she cant carry a baby then give it away, even if it was open adoption thing which just further leads me to believe that she is just being totally selfish in this whole thing
    Anonymous

• Oh and BTW when I said bad I mean bad as in sick from morning sicknes and whatever else
    Anonymous

• Maybe the reason she's complaining so much is because she's either trying to convince herself that it's ok, that this is too hard, or maybe she's "testing the waters" to see how much support she can expect if she chooses to not get an abortion, like, how much support is she getting during some difficult times during her pg, can she expect support with the rest of it, or the baby when it comes, etc?

I think that if you showed her some sympathy but encouragement, like, "I know you aren't feeling well right now, but believe me, it will get better, and you can do this, and I'm here for you and the baby the entire way..."

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I think you should bite your tongue. Your sister is already going through a hard time. You had it done before and you have no right to judge her. It's her life and she needs to make decisions that are right for her. Maybe you could be there for her before and after, since you've already been through it you can be her shoulder to cry on.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 9:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2009