why is microsoft word 2007 so fricken hard to understand

i need to do a header and page number. not a funky colored number. a plain one. and i need it to go 2, 3, 4, 5, and so on. and for some reason it won't do it. .. . . .

why????? what am i doing wrong???!?????? any help>????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I love using my Word 2007.
    What you do is click on the Insert tab at the top.
    On the ribbon you will see the Header & Footer section. Within that section you will see Page Number with a down arrow. Click on that and it will open a list of options for you.
    For my college papers I use the third choice down, where the number is placed on the right side.
    Once you make your choice, you can select the number and change the font and size of it to whatever you choose.
    To get out of the Header, just double-click in the body of the document.
    Voila!
    Feel free to message me with anymore questions. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:54 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I can't stand the damn thing myself!!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Double click on the header and/or footer to enter what you want. Then, while in the area you want, click insert page #. Hope that helps!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i've tried that, but it stays the same numer through the rest of my headers, and if i change it anywhere else, it changes all the others too.. . . . .?
    Anonymous

• I think you can fix it on Page Setup. I have Vista now, so it's different.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• crap I had to do that when I published my book last summer and it was a pain. 2003 was a breeze but 2007 sucked. I had to go to www.lulu.com and go through their FAQ until I found someone who could help me figure it it all out. If that fails try downloading OPEN OFFICE. It is set up like Microsoft Office but easier to use and it's free. If I write another book it will be in Open Office or Word 2003!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Have you tried deleting the header and inserting a new one and insert page number from the header menu this usually corrects it if something has went wrong, it can be a pain to start it over. I had this happen to me but I cant remember what I did exactly to fix it.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Also click on your header and i the menu section click on page number make sure the number format says 1,2,3 and the continue from previous section is checked
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 9:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i bet you cant wait for 2009 lol. idk it comes natural to me lol
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 9:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I would rather use 2007 than Vista. I cannot stand Vista. I am taking a class for MS 2007. Try the Microsoft site, they may be able to help you out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2009