just wondering

so for my 18th birthday i want to get my cheeks pierced (the ones on my face)

aka dimple piercings

i was wondering if any moms had them how much they cost

and how hard it is to get a job with them (i want to be a nurse)

19bubbles91

Asked by 19bubbles91 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol i post again!!!

YOU CAN GET A JOB ANYWHERE!!
    -Target
    -Big Y
    -Walmart
    -Stop and Shop

big stores like that EASILY...

i have 3 facial peircings and 19 tattoos and its sooo easy!!
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 8:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• OK LOL AGAIN I ANSWERED BEFORE YOU DELETED LOL
    IT WILL BE HARD TO GET A JOB. THEY MAY NOT LIKE IT AT ALL AND IT MAY AFFECT HOW THEY LOOK AT YOU . JUST LIKE PEOPEL THA THAVE TATTOOS ALL OVER THAT ARE IN PLAIN SIGHT JOBS DONT USSUALLY LIKE THAT .
    IM NOT SURE HOW MUCH IT COSTS THO

SORRY FOR CAPS I CANT SEE RIGT NOW LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• most of my jobs, they've said no piercings. dealerships, circle K, cabinet store, apple bees, they've all said no piercings unless you put a HUGE bandage over it. thats pretty huh?
    Anonymous

• Not a good idea, if you plan on being a nurse. I don't think it will be easy at all to find a job in the medical profession with that on your face. IMO.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Call the nursing school you wish to attend and ask them what your chances are in acquiring a position with such piercings.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I also think you won't be able to get a nursing job with facial piercings, but im not a hiring manager or anything either, just a SAHM. As to how much it'll cost, just call up to the parlor tomorrow and ask, but it will probably depend on what you get them pierced with. I know that made a difference in the cost for my nose a few years back. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My mom is a nurse and she had her nose pierced and they wouldn't let her keep it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• There is a nurse at the local hospital that has the cartilegde on the inside of her ear pierced, but that is the only one I have seen other then all the rest of the ear. Wait, she wasn't actually a nurse, she was a lab tech, so they stay in the lab most of the time. I think most business don't like you to have anything the customers/patients can see b/c people seem to think that piercings make people bad.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• If you want to be a professional, you should look like a professional. You can get through school like that, but you're going to have a hard time finding a job, and if you do find a job you'll have an even harder time getting people to take you seriously.

I'm sorry...but if a nurse (or a doctor, nurse practitioner, therapist, lawyer, teacher or any other professional) came to me I'd not be able to take them seriously and would request someone else.
    Anonymous

• grosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! i have my tongue, my lip, my nose, my ears, and i got my nipple half way and its my second lip peircing,

but that is wrong

and i think people will laugh at you, and i think you should get your clit peirced instead lol if you want some weird pain there ya go, or your nose, that one hurts when u do it urself.

think about your future
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 9:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2009