im about 5 weeks pregnent i only found out a couple of days ago but i threw my back out earlyer and was put on percacet now im scared to death its going to have an effect on my baby

im a first time mommy and im so scared and i dont go to the doctors for another week and i cant semm to reach her on the phone

scarednewmom498

Asked by scarednewmom498 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• DID THE DR KNOW YOU ARE PREGNNAT??/ IF SO THEN DOTN WORRY BECAUSE THEY WOULD KNOW IT WAS SAFE OR NOT . IF YOU ARE WORRIED YOU CAN CALL THE PHARMISY OR YOUR DR AND ASK .

SORRY FOR CAPS I CANT SEE RIGHT NOW
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Call the ER and ask the nurse or doctor there then continue to call your doctor. There should be someone on call.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I agree. Call the ER and ask if it's okay, even if they said it was, ask again just to be sure!!! Better safe than sorry!!!!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• relax...women pregnant take them for pain and other problems. if you havnt taken more then prescribed, you and your baby will be fine...I have in past pregnancies and my kids are all fine.

My cousin, her disorder too long to list but after a few months her pain pills werent enough and was hospitilized on a morphine drip for the last 2 months of her pregnancy to moniter them. they were both fine and the baby is 4 now.
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• i took it for 2 days before i found out i was preggo..if your dr didnt know you were preg, i would quit taking it..but your baby will be fine w what youve already taken
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• you will be fine and so will the baby the only issues come with prolonged use. even then it is unlikley that the baby will be affected. so put your mind at ease. .
    goingcrazy101

Answer by goingcrazy101 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2009