How many weeks are you safer to not likely miscarry..is it after you see the heartbeat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your never in the clear it goes from miscarrge then to still born youll always gotta be worried.. anything can go wrong anytime.. just pray you have a healthy baby
    Anonymous

• It used to be "after 12 weeks you risk went down by over 90%" but new studies show that once the heart is beating (18 days of life) the chances go down by like 30% and after 8 weeks the chances go down more than 60 percent.
    Anonymous

• Once you can see the heartbeat, the risk goes way down, and then again once you hit the 13 week mark.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I miscarried at what I thought was 12 weeks but the baby actually stopped growing at about 9 weeks...I found out at my 12 week check up there was no heartbeat. I am preggo now and was under close watch by my request...at 12 weeks my doc told me that the chances for miscarry dropped to 20%. keep positive u will probably have false misscary symptoms always check with ur doc if something doesn't feel right
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2009