When can babies have meat?

My son is almost 8 months and I was wondering when I can give him the jarred meats. I don't remember if the doctor said 8 or 9 months... or am I totally off?.. I know dairy is 9 months...

alinker

Asked by alinker at 9:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Eight months is the time to introduce it, you're right on track. I just followed what I wanted to do though. If I thought it was time, then it was time. My son is about to be three and completely fine and healthy!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• oh wait jar meats I think i started with my son when he was 7 or8 months
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• time my son was a year he was eating happy meals. Whether or not he was suppose to i don't know but he had 8-10 teeth then and loved them. He is super smart and healthy now and is 2 1/2 so just do what you feel is right.
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• 7-8 months.. but I would suggest the stage 2 meats, because they are flavored with veggies, and taste a lot better to the baby. I know between my DD, and my friends and families kids.. NONE of them would eat the plain stage 1 jar meats because the taste was so bad.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2009