Pregnant with kidney stones and need advice please.

I went to the ER last Friday and was admitted into labor and delivery after about 6 hours. Turns out they just think I have kidney stones, but aren't 100% sure. They did an ultrasound which is not always successful in detecting kidney stones, and since I am 22 weeks pregnant they obviously couldn't do a CT scan.

It's been over a week now and I still have not passed the stone. I started out on Tylenol with Codeine and it did not help at all so they put me on Vicoden. The Vicoden is no longer helping my pain at all.

This morning I woke up at 345 and the pain did not go away until about 10am. I was throwing up and crying because the pain was so great.

Lately I've been waking up in the middle of the night because of the pain, and I just don't know what to do anymore. If I wake up this morning I want to go back to the ER because this pain is getting unbearable, or should I just wait it out at home and suffer the pain?

meganallie

Asked by meganallie at 9:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would go back to the ER I had this happen with my last child 10 years ago,I fill for u You need to see a Urologist I did they done surgery on me when I was pregnant and placed a stint from my kidney to my bladder and later they took it out in the mean time keep your bladder ful drink ALOT of water,cranberry juice really anything but pop the fuller keep your bladder the better chance u have of passing it.Did they give u a cowboy hat to catch your urine in and a strainer to see if u have passed it.Have them give u an Iv fluids at the hospital so u don't dehydrate.Demand that u be set up to see the Urologist a good one will have a solution for u Good luck and hang in there
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• go to the ER and get admitted this time avoid drinking milk i think?
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 9:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• mom2five,

They did get me a strainer and I feel like I'm digging for gold everytime. I just feel like I'm wasting the time of the ER staff by going in but I don't feel like anything is getting done for me. Everytime I email my Dr. or NP they say to wait it out. It'll get worse or better. That doesn't help me much.
    meganallie

Answer by meganallie at 10:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2009