What week gestation is the baby supposed to be head down? If the baby stays breech when do I need to have the Webster Techinique preformed?

Everything I read contradicts each other. One thing says that baby should be head down by 27 weeks, others day 33 weeks, etc.

Which is it?

I'm currently 29 weeks. At 28 weeks and 3 days my son was breech (botton down) at my ultra sound but I think he may have to turned back around because instead of feeling his kicking in my lower abomen, hips and vagina I am now feeling him in my upper abdomen and ribs.

He's been head down almost the whole time (every time they've checked via ultra sound or feeling for him) but last week he wasn't. I'm just concerned.

IF he stays breech how soon do I need to make an appointment with the chiropracter to get the Webster Technique preformed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should go for another ultrasound and then speak with your doctor my daughter turn at 35 weeks. so your baby has some time to turn. I don't believe everything i read cause things were diffrerent. Have you read what to expert when excepting i went by that book and that book only after i was 20 weeks and on. Hope that can help you a little! GL
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It is not uncommon for the baby to turn even in the last week of pregnancy. It's a little too early to be concerned yet. He could turn a few more times and settle head down in the birth canal in the last 24 hours before delivery. Don't worry unless your doctor says you have something to worry about. Your little blessing will be here soon. Congratulations!
    www.newmommyteesandjeans.com
    Mommyghee

Answer by Mommyghee at 10:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• every woman AND baby is different. what is normal for you and this pregnancy may or may not be normal for someone else. if your baby is breech, maybe he/she is meant to be breach. i wouldnt do anything unnatural before you go into labor, but that's just me. talk to your doctor. he/she might have suggestions for you, and since you're only 29 weeks you have AT LEAST a month before you need to worry about the position of your baby, unless you are high risk. Again I would just ask your doctor. Everything sounds just fine to me!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't worry its still early ,because my baby didn't turn until 37 wks.
    ZMK

Answer by ZMK at 11:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2009