PUBLIC?

What does everyone here think of moms changing their children's diapers in public and what age is it okay (if it any age) is it okay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm I don't do it personally. Only in front of family, not at Tim Hortons or anything lol.
    I think kids should know about privacy from day one!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 10:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• it is fine big deal! just don't stare!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I wouldn't.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• If my child has to be changed im gonna change her where ever im at. Go into a bathroom or go out to the car. If you were seating in wet pants or poopy pants would you want to be changed?? Thats the way i look at it. Most pulic places have a baby changing station in there rest rooms thats why i never leave home without a diaper bag that includes diapers,wipes,change of clothes and hand santizer.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It depends. I take public transportation, so if my daughter has a poopy diaper, I don't have to option of going to my car to change it. If I'm at a bus stop, and there's no restaurants or gas stations nearby, I guess I'd have to quickly change her at the bus stop! As discreetly as possible of course. I couldn't let her stay in a poopy diaper while riding on a bus! The smells would offend the other passengers.

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Sometimes you just have no choice and I always feel weird but I'd rather get nasty looks than carry around a baby in poopy clothes because stores don't have public restrooms or a changing table and it's too hot or not enough room in the car!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• if my son needs to be changed I don't care where I am. I am not going to let him sit with poop on his little bottom. I don't think it should matter. most people would hate it though if they don't have kids and can't relate. I think anything past a year is pushing it though.
    Anonymous

• Um if I'm at the park and my son has an accident, I cover him in a blanket, and change his clothes. Or take him to the car. If im in the mall or something i take him to the bathroom because EVERY where around me has a changing station or family bathroom or both.
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My SIL used to lay her baby out where ever she was (middle of the mall, walmart isle, whatever) and change her right there. Personally I think thats uncalled for. I mean if there is a bathroom nearby you should make use of it. Not for me i guess, but to each their own.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• it depends on where I am at. I normally try to take her to a restroom or do it in the car, but if for example, my cousins wedding reception, I just laid out a blanket on the grass and changed her there (it was an out doors reception).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2009