Shoplifting Sister?

Well today the mall cops called my parents. They said my 16y/o sister and her other 2 friends we're busted shoplifting. My parents thought I was one or two things. Turns out it was $700 worth of purfume, panties from Victoria secrets, and make up and stuff from Sephora. Well they had to give everything back of course and got a court date and everything. Well I was drving her car back to my parents and found a ton more stolen stuff from walmart in the glovebox and under the seat.......
Now I'm not sure what to do with the stolen goods....do I take them back to walmart or give them to the police or what? I am so not gonna keep them and feel bad throwing them away but don't want to get myselef in trouble by taking them back to walmart. BTW its like a bathing suit, panties, cheap jewlery, makeup and crap they got from walmart....Its like $50 worth of stuff.

What would you do with it? Will I get in trouble taking it back?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm sorry this is happening in your family.

Really, you need to contact the police and tell them just what you told us now. You found this in her car.

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I would call the police of the city they got busted for. Tell them the situation and they'll tell you what to do. You shouldn't get into ANY trouble for taking merchandise back that was stolen by someone else. Just the same if my three year old took a candy bar or toy without me looking and i took it back and said sorry, my son took this with out me knowing it. i would take it back and say, my little sister stole these things, shes in trouble currently for the same thing so there IS legal action being taken against her. And see what they have to say. YOU can't get in trouble for it. Good luck =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• just leave it in their cart inside
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• you would probably get in trouble if you took it back yourself. I would give it to the police that are in charge of her court date, they will make sure it's returned, and it's further evidence.sorry about this
    Anonymous

• I cant believe I am going to say this but = keep it. f-it , You didnt take the stuff. Hopefully this is just a phase with your sis. I know when I was that age me and my friends did it. I would never now but back in the day..................... Also dont forget Wally World has insurance for this.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Also = if this is a first offence she will get a slap on wrist. And pray she learned her lesson.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 10:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Call the cops who dealt with her on the previous theft. They will tell you what to do with it. They will probably come get it so that they can prosecute her. DO NOT KEEP IT!! Don't take it back unless the cops say to do so. If you keep it, that makes you as bad as her for stealing it because YOU KNOW IT IS STOLEN!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Read the post "am so not gonna keep them " is what I said.

Anonymous

• I would give them to your parents and let them handle it. She is their responsibility, not yours and you shouldn't get yourself involved.
    I know teens do crazy and dumb things and it is usually just a phase to see what they can get away with, but I hope that is all this is - a phase - and that she is so scared when she stands before the judge in court that she never even tries to steal or shoplift again.
    You're a good sister for wanting to help her out.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:26 AM on Apr. 20, 2009