When can I have sex again??

I had my baby on April 10th 2009 and I do have stitches. I'm still feeling the birth of baby through muscles and stuff but I was wondering when it was safe to have sex again? I don't have a sex drive right now but when it comes back, I want to be prepared. lol. :)

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had sex again about 4 weeks PP. I also had stitches. Four of them to be exact. And I tore. 4 weeks was enough for me. And I also had no pain meds afterwards. I guess it just depends on the woman, and also when you stop bleeding. You don't want an infection. Some docs say to wait till 6 weeks just to be sure. Which I guess is smart. But then again some also say 3 weeks. Just depends on the woman though, IMO. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• To be safe I'd go with what your doctor said.
    Anonymous

• Six weeks
    Anonymous

• I waited until my 6 week follow up with my doctors okay.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• normally they say at least 6 weeks, especially with stitches. Which is what I did after I had my DD. So May 22nd should be about the time to get back in the sack.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• my doc said six weeks is just a suggestion and its really when ever you feel up to it. me and dh had anal sex 4 days after i gave birth and vaginal sex 2 weeks after(and i had 3 stitches inside) just make sure you go slow and u might want to use some lube.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• doctors tell you to wait 6 weeks for a good reason, it lets your body have plenty of time to heal, seriously, at 4 weeks PP sex was the LAST thing on my mind!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2009