When can I have sex again ??

I had my baby on April 10th 2009 and I do have stitches. I'm still feeling the birth of baby through muscles and stuff but I was wondering when it was safe to have sex again? I don't have a sex drive right now but when it comes back, I want to be prepared. lol. :)

CandieGirl09

Asked by CandieGirl09 at 10:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had my daughter on the first and i had sex last night... i had stitches as well but felt like i was "up to it" and it felt fine... it was actually the best sex i have had in months lol.... just use protection when you do.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• The "official" time is six weeks.

Just be sensitive to your body and go for it when you feel the need.

I suggest being very gentle and keeping any weight and friction off your incision as much as possible: (i.e. oral sex and minor penetration)

Congrats on your new little one!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• 6 weeks but if you feel up to it then protect yourself (so you don't have another one) :) just be careful im sure you SO is ready?!?! congrats on your LO enjoy
    Anonymous

• i had stiches after having dd#1 and i think it was like 2 weeks after i had her that i had the ok to have sex but the dr said if it starts to hurt at all to stop but i had it because hubby was about to leave for basic for the army and i didnt want to send him off with no sex sad part is we had to stop cause it was hurting too bad but the night i got to move in with him we made up for it lol
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• 6 weeks. This is due to healing and whatnot but also due to the fact that you're supposed to be fertile during that time (or so my doctor told me. I never looked into it myself).
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2009