How long are breasts engorged after you wean your baby?

I stopped breatfeeding my little girl about a week ago and have been using a breast pump since then. But I have decided not to continue pumping because my daughter is drinking whole milk now. So now my breasts are engorged from not pumping for almost two days. I just want to know how long this will last.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• almost there! few more days,good job
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I wouldnt go this rout you could get a mastitis the 'cold turkey route" try having her breast feed for five minutes in the AM and five minutes in the pm your brain will get the signal then to stop producing so much do that for like 1 week then the next week just once a day for 5 minutes then stop you'll have no engorgment
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• My daughter was only nursing once a day and very little milk, I think, so it only took 3 days. Pump just enough to feel comfortable if you have to.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 2:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009