How do I tell someone that I love them?

I have been seeing this guy for a while now and he tells me that he loves me but I just cant bring myself to say it back to him. I just broke up with him because I wanted tohave some alone time to figure things out. Just recently my childrens father came back into my life. I know that is the man that I am truely in love with. I have never told anyone else this. I hope I am doing the right thing by asking other women for advice. I dont want anyone to not like me. I am friends with all of my ex's. PLEASE help me.

ANDTWINS

Asked by ANDTWINS at 11:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• Just because you love someone doesn't mean you are meant to be with that person. Love is nothing to play with and when you tell someone that you have to mean it. If you are second guessing yourself than maybe you need to sit down and analyze things and don't rush yourself. If you just broke up with him then maybe he wasn't the one for you, And just because a man SAYS he loves you doesn't mean you have to tell him you love him back. Don't aggravate yourself too much because then you'll get all confuse and make a big mistake. Does your baby's father feel the same way about you that you feel about him. THINK
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 11:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Do you have a shot with the father of your children? Does HE love you? If you don't love the man you've been seeing then do not say it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Wait I'm confused... I don't know if I read it wrong but you love who? Your childrens father or the new guy? And which one are you wanting to tell??
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 11:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I agree w/ diamond if you don't mean it don't say it and just because he said it doesn't mean it's true. Does the father of your children love you in a sort of way that things could work out. Also, if your not together (with your kids dad) anymore, there has to be a reason. If the new boyfriend was that easy for you to dump maybe it's better off this way. Just because you don't love doesn't mean you should lead him on. (I'm not saying you are)
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 11:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• You said that your childrens father just came back into your life. Does this mean he wasn't there for you or your children when you had them? If he wasn't, I personally wouldn't waste my time with him. You never know, this new guy could be great for you. If you don't love him, don't say it back. If you do love him, just come out and tell him. But your childrens father, if he wasn't there then, what makes you think he will stick around this time? That is if he wasn't there for you and your kids in the beginning. I think you just need to sit and think "who is the better person for me? Who is going to give me all the things i need EMOTIONALLY?"
    Good luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Sounds to me that perhaps you dont love him and so probably dont need to know how to say it.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:20 AM on Apr. 20, 2009