• In the Spotlight:

Who Enjoys Joel Osteen?

I do.. I love listening to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I enjoy listening to him, but I think he's more of a motivational speaker than a preacher. Everything he speaks is candy coated and I've never heard him preach about sin or anything "deep". It's all about life being butterflies and roses & people need to hear more of the truth of God. I guess that's why his church is so big. No one ever gets their toes stepped on and they get a nice, happy pep talk every week.

I don't mean to criticise, I just think people need to get the "meat of the Word" too, not just sweet, flowery things.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I like Charles Stanley
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I have heard OF him but never listened TO him. But I hear he is good.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Can anyone say "FALSE PROPHET???" He's the definition.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• And this has to do with Politics how again? Should this not be in the Religion section?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I don't care for him he is a false teacher. He would not say Jesus was the only way as a Christian minister he should be able to say that. He teaches prosperity and makes many feel bad that they are not rich. God did not promise us riches on earth. He is in this for the money as is his wife. I feel sorry for him on judgement day.  I will post anon because his followers are nasty.  They are supposed to be Christs followers but that is not the case sadly. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Quick, get out of the way! You're blocking God's blessings! But if you buy his book, he'll show you how to remove those obstacles so that you can get rich, er, I mean blessed.
    What a bunch of feel-good baloney he preaches. I'm sure he's probably a nice guy, but I don't like his brand of Christianity. I ain't buying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Exactly blessedmommy.I won't even stay in a church where the meat of Gods word is totally avoided and I never feel any conviction.More and more are becoming people pleasers instead of God pleasers.I enjoy a church where there is actual Bible study and no tossing out all the stuff that doesn't tickle the ears.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:04 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• The Prosperity Gospel doesn't jive with the original. So, no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2009