Why is it ok for boys to have sex at a early age and not girls?

I hear people saying " At least he can't get pregnant" Well I don't think it's ok for boys to have sex at an early age either

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I hear that so much, its stupid. No he cant get pregnant but he can get someone pregnant. gosh...
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• some people are ignorant.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• its not ok. i don't think its ok at all. i think the reason alot of people feel that way is b/c its "normal" for boys to be more open about things. its more accepted for a man to sleep around than a woman, so people accept younger boys having sex earlier easier than they do younger girls
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I don't think that is ok either! Ugh!
    My dh's friend told me that he lost his virginity at 12...I was so shocked...and asked who the hell was he having sex with at 12. He said another 12 year old. I can't even imagine.
    I was over 18 and had been dating my dh for six months.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I don't think it's okay. I won't let my son just go out and have sex until I think he's ready for a baby. AKA has a job, pays some kind of bills whether its a phone bill, car insurance, car payment, or SOMETHING, and has a car, and a license, and can present himself to other people without looking like a drag, like my teen brothers did from 14 to 19.)
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It isn't OK. It does SEEM to be percieved by society as being more OK for a boy to be sexual promiscuous than it is for a girl to be that way.  This is probably because we're coming out of a society that was once male dominated and then taking into consideration the behaviors of the average male.  The last statistics I heard was that the average amount of sexual partners for men before getting married was at least 4 seperate partners.  Whereas the average for women is 2 different partners.  People also take into consideration that men can't get pregnant (forgetting that they CAN get others pregnant) and there's no stereotype or way a man dresses that one would call him a "slut" like they would a woman.  Some women tend to use their bodies to gain sex appeal and get what they want.  I think all of that together has set what we know as "the double standard."  It's wrong.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• the same people who think its bad for girls to sleep around but its ok for guys
    lmaines22

Answer by lmaines22 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• It's not okay. I raised 4 sons and I raised them to WAIT until they are at the VERY LEAST out of high school, are ready & able to be a parent and are with a woman who they want to spend their entire life with because if they have a child together & don't stay together that woman is ALWAYS going to be around. They might not have been able to get someone pregnant but creating a life is a 2 person path that requires 2 parents, even if the parents don't stay together. I taught mine to be responsible. Two waited until they were out of high school and the other 2 are still in high school and are nowhere near making that choice.

tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• We teach our son the same as we teach our daughter. I don't think there should be a difference, but I know that there is one. When a teen boy comes home and tells his dad he got laid, they kind of celebrate it, but when the daugther comes home and says I need the pill because i'm having sex parents freak out. We told our children they should wait until they are in love. And when they feel they are ready to use protection and tell us so we can get the girl on the pill, and buy the boy some rubbers. We know that they will have sex before we are ready for them to, we just hope that it's not before they are ready to....
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 12:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It's not okay. not with my beliefs anyway... Sex is for Pro creation , not pleasure, not a one night stand, not to experiment, not a booty call, P R O-C R E A T I O N. that's it. If everyone would stop misusing and abusing sex , there would so many less unwanted pregnancies, and therefor less abortions. Also Sex is for people who are actually truly in LOVE... not LUST.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2009