soooo aggravating!

i went to pick my son up from his dads today around 7:30. i asked if he ate and he's like oh no he didnt. im like are you serious? its 7:30.. he should have had dinner 2 hours ago. and he said well he had lunch. and i get home and feed him and of course he's starving!! im soo aggravated and don't know what to do. his dad is so careless! any advice??

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 11:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my husband is so bad about feeding the kids when I'm gone. He figures if they are hungry they will let him know. it aggravates me, too
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• sounds just like my ex. "well i fed him once today" AUUUGHHH!!!!
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• id kick the dad in the balls.
    Anonymous

• if you have such a problem with it then dont send him to his fathers house. My SO doesnt always give his son meals on a strict schedule but he doesnt go un fed or malnourished. And at the same time I am sure there is many things you do with your son that he wouldnt like or approve of if he knew.
    Anonymous

• I would try limiting the times he get's him, like in between feedings, so it's not as big of an issue. Otherwise, give him a crash course on how to feed him (don't know your sons age, or where he is at with his foods). So there is no excuse as to why he didn't feed him on time. (he may be unsure how to do it properly, so limits the amount he gives him, etc)... If it happens again after the crash course.. definitely consider limiting visitations around feedings, until your child is a little older and more vocal about eating.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• Maybe you should make your son some food for the day and let him take it with him. And ask your ex to feed him at a certain time. Kill him with kindness and bash him in your journal. EXs are such a pain but its about the kids. I have a 13 year old child. I havent been with her boilogical father in 11 years. When we first broke up it was hard cause he would do things too piss me off like not come get her when i had to go to work. I picked up and moved. I was still nice to him for the sake of my kid. Now my daughter has made up her own mind that she doesnt really want to have much to do with him cause of all the broken promises. They remember things like that.
    shaw6033

Answer by shaw6033 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You can give a call at the lunch time and make sure if is the kid ok and had his food or not, as a mom its our more responsibility than dad. so nothing wrong in giving a call and asking, because some times men get little bit stressed by their office work and they forget things.

We ladies rocks by taking care of everything and handling situation, so be proud to be ladies and do your work .
    harjohan

Answer by harjohan at 9:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• well first of all i can't limit the time that he sees his dad because we have a joint agreement. and no his dad is never too busy doing anything, he's 21 years old with a minimum wage job. he has plenty of time to take care of his own son.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 1:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2009