How can I discipline my son when my mom never disciplined me ever since I was adoptedat 16 months old.I don't want my child to have a boring life like I did,my mom didn't understand me and never let me have a life because she was old-fashioned so I feel funny when it comes to disciplining my own child why is this?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 11:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• It might help you to buy some different parenting book, so you can draw from the pool of others experiences. Unfortunately, we, as humans, tend to have a hard time grasping, or coming to terms with things we haven't experienced. . . especially when it comes to raising children. It might be a help, to draw from different peoples opinions, and experiences, and conclusions, to give yourself a bit of direction (all be it theoretical) in raising your own son. Just because you were done one way, doesn't mean you have to follow suit, as I"m sure you know, there is such a wealth of rescources these days, it makes the journey just a bit less harrowing.
    Panditacjp

Answer by Panditacjp at 11:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• well how your raised has a big influence on your own parenting. to disipline him put him in time out, 1 minute for every year old he is. and its hard when your not sure of anything but how you were raised but im sure youll figure it out. mothers intuition never fails. just amke sure he knows as he grows older than he can talk to you about everything. and be strict but not to the point of having him sheltered.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• spoiled brat alert,lol
    discipline is a God -given right!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2009