what was the worse part of your birthing experience

what is the worse thing in your oponion that happend in the birthing experience from the time u notieced u were in labor to the time u and baby left the hospital?

mommam58122

Asked by mommam58122 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• mine would be for dd#1 having a male nurse monitor my bleeding after i had dd and makeing dh leave the room when he did that and also when having a nurse show u everything u have to do to pee after having a baby and cleaning urself after u pee and this nurse was in the bathroom with me as compared to dd#2 where when the nurse was telling me how to clean myself or reminding me i should say she atleast told me how to do it and let me go into the bathroom by myself and said let her know if i need any help im sorry but male nurses and nurses watching u pee not my cup of tea
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• spinal headache from Hell after a bad epidural
    3 days and blod clot minor surgery to repair my brain!
    Thank God it left as fast as they put a blood clot in my spine.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I was induced both times and SO glad because it took the guess work out of it. Worst part though, was high blood pressure which is why I was induced and the pushing.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• would you believe they let me leave the hospital with this migraine because they thought it was a sinus headache! They could of fixed it right then, my 4 year old was bottle feeding my son because my migraine was so bad!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• I had an emergency c-sec (I had pacenta previa so I had one scheduled but DS came earlier then we scheduled and I was in full blown labor when I got to the hospital) and the worst part for me was the idiotic anastesiologist (so butchered the spelling... you know the drug lady) She did the first 'numbing' shot 2 times before she got it right and then stabbed me 5 times with the spianl tap missing all 5 times and sending shooting pain down my legs and she went to do it a 6th time explaining to me she "is the best in the whole hospital" and I turned grabbed the needle and said through clenched teeth "You touch me with that needle one more time and I swear I'll stab you in the eye with it! Get me someone else!" Then this meek little German man came in and said "No pain ok?" I grumbled a few threatening "there better not be" and he said "Ok all done" and suddenly I felt my feet disappear along with the rest of my body lol.
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 11:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• yeah i was told i had the best anstigologist for my epi with dd# 2 and it took him like 3 times to get the needle in the right spot i was so pissed and i was like if he is the best why cant he get it right the first time
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• The pushing part. My son was 9lbs 6.3oz and was "sunny side up." He wasn't descending and passing through the birth canal very well because of his size and positioning so the doctor decided to stick BOTH hands inside of me up past the wrists to try to TURN my son as I pushed to get him out. Despite an epidural (that didn't really work very well at all) I was in excrutiating pain and cried the entire 2.5 hours that I pushed for.

I was worth it and I'd do it again though :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 11:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• november love owwwww
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2009

• With my first labor the nurse was this old crotchety woman who while I was pushing told me to push like it I was "taking the biggest shit of my life". It totally freaked me out.
    Also, I was really uninformed when I had him and didn't know anything about an episiotomy and the dr is numbing me up by injecting the numbing agent to my hooha. I did not know what he was doing...it hurt so bad I kept asking and he wouldn't tell me. Finally I said I am going to kick you in the head if you don't tell me what you are doing.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:04 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My list is very... very... very long. But it ends with me never birthing in a hospital again. =)
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2009