Not just annother "do you regret voting for Obama" Question...

I know many (me included) are sick of that question, and I voted McCain. But I think the problem comes in when it seems that the Obama supporters (some) don't question him, at all. It seems he is given carte blanche, even when he does the exact same thing Bush did (wire tapping), or worse continues to put people into positions when their backgrounds are sketchy at best (like ALL the tax dodgers he has put in the cabinet). I WANT to give the guy a chance. I WANT his policies to help the country (even tho in my heart and gut I feel ill thinking about how far left we are going!). I will quickly admit that Bush screwed some stuff up. But YOU have to admit it wasn't just him and quit acting like he's Satan. Just a man doing the best he could. Maybe Obama is too. So lets twist the question around a little.

DEMS: Is there anything Obama has inacted that you wish he hadn't OR is there something he isn't doing FAST enough?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Like you said in your post, I would have liked to see a end to the wire-tapping. Unless there is cause for it I feel it is a invasion of privacy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Bush was given the same treatment by his supporters. Rubber stamp, carte blanche, you name it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Funny...I got in ill feeling in my stomach the last 8 years with how far right this country was going. I'm glad to see it go back toward the middle. :) And of course no ones perfect. What...he's gonna fix all the problems he inherited (from Bush AND Clinton) in 3 months? The only thing I question are his cabinet members. But no, that does not make me regret my vote.
    RndmTsk02

Answer by RndmTsk02 at 2:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My biggest disappointment is the wiretapping issue - I do feel its against our right to privacy. I would also not be happy if we continue to bail out GM, or bail out other companies.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 6:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'm not a dem but I voted for Obama. I've been on the fence about the bailout because I see the harm it could do but I also see the positive things it's starting to do. To continue the wiretapping was a disappointment. And health care..I wish he'd get on it!

Just as there are people who love everything about Obama, there were PLENTY of people who loved everything Bush did..it goes both ways.

Every time I had a beef with Bush, which was on a daily basis, I always said "Bush and his cronies" because I always knew he alone was not to blame.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• "Bush was given the same treatment by his supporters. Rubber stamp, carte blanche, you name it. "

Really? Every Bush supporter I knew always had atleast ONE thing they disagreed with. OH well whatever..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I voted for Obama and I'm not sorry I did. I really liked McCain, and honestly I felt like McCain was owed something by our Country for serving, but when he named Palin as his VP that was the end of that for me!
    I do not agree with everything Obama does, I do have a mind of my own! And I wasn't a Bush basher either. I did not agree with everything Bush did, but because he was our president I supported him.
    One thing I do not agree on with either of them is buying china for the Whitehouse. Bush bought a new set and now there is a discussion going on about what the Obama's are going to purchase. I think there is too much spending going on as it is to keep wasting money on china!
    I also don't agree with the wiretapping issue, and I don't agree with bailing out the automakers. For years now the auto industry has been overpaying and not keeping up with environmental issues. They made their bed and now they can lie in it!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 9:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• There are plenty of things Obama has done that I scratch my head at. I'm waiting to see if they turn out to be ok decisions or not. I supported Bush through most of his first term too though. It's only been three months. It will take a bit longer to see the ramifications most of his decisions have in the long run.
    wulfbourne

Answer by wulfbourne at 9:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I voted for Obama, and yes I was pissed about the Patriot Act, I am really back and forth on the bailouts. But I have never voted for someone I agree with on every single issue. There is no one like that. So I would guess, if pressed, every Dem would be able to find plenty of things to disagree with. You can't interpret popularity with complete agreement. You can support a politician without agreeing with every last thing.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• End of the patriot act. Something resembling 'different' in the whole bailout thing. Ken Salazar wouldn't have been my eighth choice, much less first.. etc..

We question all the time. Apparently, you don't take that in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2009