Donating your eggs

What exactly is BAD about donating your eggs? I mean, in Arizona they pay pretty well for it but I wanted to know if there were any negative consequenses that might happen.

ours

Asked by ours at 12:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I dont know if i ever could sell my eggs...just for the money reason..

I dont know i could sell my future children..

i dont want to ever think about another part of me somewhere in the world..and me not havin a part in his or her life...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yeah I get that, but I would like to start a savings for my son. He was born with severe port wine stains all over his face, and I want to save for laser treatment when he's older. I figured that this would be a good thing, I could help someone else out and my son.
    ours

Answer by ours at 12:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would donate my eggs. I do not think of them as my future children. Just like I don't think of my husbands sperm as future babies.
    I do not think I would have attachments to the idea of the babies I could have out there in the world if I donated eggs either.
    I do not know any bad consequences of donating eggs.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You know I read recently that doctors are working on being able to strip the DNA from a donor egg and inserting the mother's DNA to technically make the egg hers. If that were the case, would all of these women change their minds? I have a few friends who were really wanting to donate their eggs, but none of them met the BMI (height and weight proportion) requirements. Personally, I have too many problems as it is. I would not be an appropriate candidate. I don't think I would donate my eggs (I had always wanted a large family since I grew up in one) but I would have loved to be a surrogate mother.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 12:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I could not donate my eggs, I just feel that they are a potential child that would be part mine. If others don`t feel that way and can donate eggs that`s great, there are couples out there who would be so grateful for them. But I also don`t really agree with being paid for a donation. You`re not really donating your eggs, your selling them.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I am too old now but I look at it as a chance to give an infertile couple a baby. My body will just shed them once a month anyway. They don't become a child without both the egg and the sperm. The matter of money means little to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I say go for it, I would and may one day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Sure why not. This could be an answer to someones prayers and it could benefit you as well.judyplove
    judyplove

Answer by judyplove at 8:15 PM on Apr. 24, 2009