Do you feel like you have an extra child?

Tonight I did. I love DH I do but sometimes he will say or do things that make me think "Are you 5?" He will ask me things with obvious answers. Like "are the dishes in the dishwasher clean?" While he is standing in the kitchen LOOKING at the dishes. It's like really? can you not tell? Or when he asks me about his stuff. "Where did I put my bat bag?" (He plays softball twice a week and every time I hear this question) Why does he do this?? I'm not upset with him I just find it to be strange that I have to answer these questions for a grown man who is perfectly capable of finding the answers all by his big boy self lol

theheartbaby

Asked by theheartbaby at 12:20 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh I know that's right! I asked DH one night just why in the world he always asks me about where things are, etc. before he even looks. He said,"well if you already know then why should I look?" I threw a pillow at him. LOL. The other morning he made the mistake of asking me at 4am where the money I had yesterday was....so I kindly responded, "I spent it last night at the bar drinking whiskey shots with Willie Nelson," and went back to sleep. The money was right where I'd said it was so he should have seen it!!!
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 1:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Hon, you're so not alone!

For some reason, men can't see the forest for the trees.
    My hubby asks where the milk is in the fridge when it's right in front of his face.

It's a "man" thing.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:26 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• :) Well there goes my *hope* bubble that he will outgrow it lol timelessglass... Well at least I know I'm not the only one who is going through this :)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Oh yes!!! I have 5 kids but I tell people I have 6.....one's just a really big kid!
    shanibug06

Answer by shanibug06 at 12:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• OMG I go crazy sometimes. I'll ask my DH to stop doing something irritating and he just keeps doing it but looking at me like what are you gonna do. I'm thinking grow up ya baby we have a baby to raise and its not you..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yup, we raise more than children....

Good thing though, they can wipe their own butt. (at least until they are in their "twilight" years.)

:-)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• 0o0o timelessglass I so do love your answers. I'm pretty sure you've commented on quite a few of the same questions as me and a lot of my own questions and you always put a smile on my face...
    BTW I will so hire someone to wipe his butt during 'twilight' years lol I told DH today I deal with more peoples poop then one person should be allowed lol
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I just wish my hubby was home for me to tell all of those stupid little things!
    MomOfFour24

Answer by MomOfFour24 at 12:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• OMG...sounds like my husband's twin!!! LMFAO...he asked me earlier if the dishes were clean as he held the dishwasher door open. DUH! And about the softball thing....yeah. I understand. He "loses" everything. He will be all over the house in a panic because he can't find his effing jersey...I walk right into the closet where I hung it up IN FRONT of all the other clothes and hand it to him. I mean for real, you'd think they could just LOOK before they ask about everything they do!
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• LOL kbates1208 I organized DH's side of the closet in order of how often he needs clothes and I still get asked these questions. And heaven forbid its in a different place. I did all his uniforms for work last Sun and they were in the dryer Mon morning (I told him this before bed Sun night) and 5:30 Mon morning he's waking me up asking where his uniforms are I said "did you look in the dryer like I told you?" He said "No" I asked "why can't you find anything yourself" His response:: "Why when you know where everything is then I don't have to search for it" I rolled over and told him not to interrupt my sleep again :)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2009