How can I get nail polish out of a pair of BRAND NEW shorts?

My daughter splattered a small amount of nail polish on a brand new pair of shorts. I threw them into the wash immediately, but it's didn't do anything for it. I'm afraid to use Nail Polish Remover because they're a green khaki material. I'm pretty sure that would ruin the shorts worse. Does anyone have any ideas? They're brand new and I haven't even gotten to wear them yet:(

CountryGrlsMom

Asked by CountryGrlsMom at 12:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• OXICLEAN
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 12:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I know if there's any polyester in them, the nail polish remover will make things worse.

(I once splattered red nail polish on my white curtains that had a plastic backing for light control. I decided to clean it off without my mom knowing....with nail polish remover. It ATE holes in the backing and spread the polish into rings on the front of the curtains.)

Try kerosene. I can't guarantee it will work, but it is probably safer than the acetone that's in nail polish remover.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Have you tried non acetone polish remover on a Q-tip? My other suggestion would be goo gone.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 12:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009