if you found out your 13 year old daughter was having sex what would you do?

spin off from the 13 year old who wants a baby with her bf she is SOOOOO in LOVE with. if my 13 year old daughter was having sex i would probably have a heart attack and then follow her everywhere! lol

someone would die!

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 12:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• i have a daughter who has NOT had sex tg shes 15 she has a good head on her shoulders, seeing that her brother is 18 with a baby. so she sees not to have sex at a young age. i hope as a mother of 2 teens that she will know when a boy approches her she knows the right thing to do at that time.
    giggles0106

Answer by giggles0106 at 6:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'd so lock her down.

Bars on the windows.
    Pick her up from school.
    NO phone, or internet.

Her life would be me taking her to school and me telling the principal about her wanting a "kid" this young and needing to know she is in school when she is supposed to be....then me picking her up from school and taking her home. No going out.

I would tell her if she did get pregnant, she is going to be kicked out...on her own, like the "adult" she is pretending to be.

In other words, THE FEAR OF MOM in her!

(Worked for me)
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Lol...yeah I agree with you.
    GPS on cell phone and I would call her randomly to make sure she is where I dropped her off at and that the parents are home. She would however have condoms and be on birth control because in the event that I can't get her to be wise I would still want her as safe as possible.
    But if you have the talk early and often you won't have to worry about this. Making them feel comfortable enough to talk to you from the get go is essential!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would KILL somebody if my daughter was having sex at 13. And if my SO found out. Oh no, someone call Jesus. PLEASE!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 12:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would get her on birth control, and get her tested for STI, and pregnancy.

I would open up the lines of communication rather than punishing her and find out if there was a sex abuse, self esteem, loneliness or drug problem that was causing this early sex.

Last, I would re-evaluate my supervision of her. How often is she alone? Why don't I know where she is most of the time? Does she need more extracurricular activities? What's making her want to skip from childhood to adulthood so fast? What are her friends like? Why does she like them?

I think a 13 yo having sex is a time for total family and mental health evaluation. This coming from a lady who started having sex at 13. They need more of and open ear than a punishing hand.

dreyamom

Answer by dreyamom at 1:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• THAT is the truth dreymamom.
    And if you mom's didnt see the Oprah show about talking to kids about sex (part 1 and 2) you need to see it!! It was outstanding.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My little sister had sex at that age. I felt horrible because I know I sould have done better. I had just moved out and I felt that maybe if I had been there it wouldnt have happened. But it did. I wish that she was my daughter so I could bar the windows, but key-only bolts on the doors and never let her out again
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• she wouldnt get out much...thats for sure.....i would have her on lock down...
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i know that you are supposed to be open with sex in teenagers (do it the "European" way LOL) and i plan to TRY to be open, but even being as open as i can, if i find out shes actually doing it i will be shocked!

in spite of this i want a girl SO badly lol!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:02 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I have 2 girls, and that would definitely send me to an early grave. I raise my kids without spanking them, but THIS would give me carte blanche to go medieval on their asses! My DF would lose it. I think I'd see him wiling out and beating our kids left and right, THEN he'd break out the shot gun and look for the dude who's defiling my kid. I have had "the talk" with my 9 year old and she DEFINITELY knows what my expectations are. I'm worried sick because she's WAY too nice, but I know she's smart, and at that age, I hope I'd have a pretty flexible job where I can make sure that'd never happen.

Dangit, Mamachamp, I MISSED that Oprah episode, I really wanted to see it. Unfortunately, I've been having my pregnant naps at around 4 when it's on.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 2:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2009