Have You Heard of the HR 669 Bill??

OK let me sum this up. April 23 they are going to try and pass a bill ( HR 669 ) that bans all non-native animals. Any of you that own an exotic bird, snake, mammal, fish, etc., will NO LONGER legally be aloud to own your pet. Anyone in the pet trade will no longer be allowed to sell, trade, barter, move across state lines, breed or own any of their animals. THIS BILL PRETAINS TO EVERYONE!!!!!! Any animal that wasn't here on this continent before Columbus set foot on this land will be prohibitated. Google HR 669 and check it out for yourself. I am totally shocked and hurt by this as I will lose all my animals and the choice to go into business with my animals. Help stop this before it's too late!!!

www.pijac.org/files/public/US_HR_669.pdf

heatherbug82

Asked by heatherbug82 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pets

• I agree with the bill although I don't think pets should be taken away however I don't believe an animal should EVER be sold or traded or used for business. Its outta control in this country. They need to be left in their natural environment ESPECIALLY exotics. Sorry
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Everything could come under this bill from pet canaries and parakeets to the tiger barbs and neon tetras in your aquarium. (All exotics, not natural to the United States.) This is not well thought out. Wild animals who are directly imported from another country, I could see. They are often born free and captured as babies, but to ban everything that is not native to the North American continent is wrong.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 2:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i realy do not agree with the bill and think about it what would we do with all of the exotic animals that people already have as pet are we going to kill them or are we going to send them back the the place they come from like what is the point for example of sending my fish that i have back to some lake in africa this is the supidist bill that i have ever heard of i think if anything that there should maybe be a limit on how many exotic animals that a person may own and yes certail species should not be allowed in the usa because of the dangers that they my pose to the environment and people but this is would take a even bigger dent in the economy as well how many pet shops alone are in your town they would close and by the way some animals that people think of domestic are not realy domestic like hairless cats and some dogs husys are not domestic if you want to get specific so i opppose it greatly
    tired703

Answer by tired703 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• somebody will need to tell the Obama kids that they'll have to get rid of Bo!! What do the think the chances of THAT happening?? I will give up my bearded dragon & schnauhuahua when THEY give up their dog!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Have you posted this in politics n current events? I bet they would have a lot to say in that forum...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Anon 12:17
    Yes I have posted this in the politics and current events. I have only had 25 responses and I think 5 are from me!! I was kinda expecting more view points than that.
    heatherbug82

Answer by heatherbug82 at 12:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Heather, I'm gonna try and repost it with a twist about the same as my comment.....Let's see what happens then. Thank you for letting me know about this. I'm mad as HELL!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 1:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

Please do so! The more that know about this the better!! Believe me I am pissed about this as well. I have 26 snakes, eggs in an incubator, another female about to lay in a week, 3 savannah monitors, 2 tokay geckos, trying to purchase leopard geckos for the kids, oh and a parrotlet!! My hubby and I are planning on starting a business with our snakes and this was just a low blow to us. Not only the fact that we wouldn't be able to start our business but we will lose our pets that we love very very much!! It just saddens us that something like this is possible, and that there are people that support it!!
    heatherbug82

Answer by heatherbug82 at 2:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Even if your a person that doesn't like animals you should care about your and everyones right to own or not to own an animal. We the people have to stick up for each other where goverment is concerned. I own to dogs and a couple of fish but even if I had none I still want all americans to have the right. It's not the little picture of your own world but the big picture.
    nalasmom2

Answer by nalasmom2 at 9:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I think the idea behind the bill is a good one, but the bill is written completly wrong!! They should deffinatly make it illegal to own lions and tigers and bears (no pun intented lol) and chimps, etc...but fish? And hello what about my dog? her bread didnt originate here...neither did horses for that matter!! And how in the world would they enforce this. If they are searching every single house (or trying to) then we would have (even more) murderers and rapists running free because there wouldnt be anyone left to catch them...they would be too busy putting fish in little plastic bags lol. This bill is REDICULOUS.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 7:12 PM on Apr. 25, 2009