• In the Spotlight:

I have been having brown spotting is this normal for being 9 weeks

well i think im nine weeks i go to the doctors in a couple of days to get my real due date so we will see but im so worried i cant wait i want to know if everything is ok with me and my baby

MamaXTina19

Asked by MamaXTina19 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had a bit of brown discharge throughout my pregnancy, if your nervous call the dr's office and ask them what you should do...
    Good Luck
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 1:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Spotting is fine...as long as no cramping
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yep, spotting is fine. If it becomes heavy, bright red, and/or comes with cramping or pain in the center of your abdomen or lower back then that is when you might be concerned. What you're describing is very normal!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 4:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Brown is old blood. Make sure you mention it to your OB as s/he may want to do an ultrasound to see if anything is going on.

I had a subchorionic hematoma with my last pregnancy and was told to expect brown spotting as it resolved itself.

As mentioned...cramping or red spotting..call the doctor.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:26 AM on Apr. 20, 2009