Children's teeth

My daughter, who is 9 almost 10 is getting 2 more teeth.......is this normal for this age? I thought those were twelve year molars, and aren't they suppose to get those around twelve?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I would check with a denist on this, I've heard of teeth over crowding when this happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Depends... did she get her six-year-old molars yet?If not, that's what they are. I would Google to see the number of teeth you have when you have your 6-year-old molars, and the number of teeth you have when you get your 12-year-old molars.

It is possible to get them earlier or later. However, if you're still worried, check with a dentist like Anon said.
    A.W.96

Answer by A.W.96 at 8:22 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would wait until her next 6 month visit.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My son's doctor said that since he started getting his baby teeth in late and losing them late, that he may not get his twelve year molars until he's about 14. He just turned 11 a couple of weeks ago and just lost another baby tooth about a week ago. I would say it just depends on the child and how early or late they started getting/losing their teeth.
    blueyes581

Answer by blueyes581 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009