how to stop getting worked up with a cring baby

how do i stop myself from getting worked up when my baby cries? i sometimes get to to carried way with whats going on with other drama in way life and then i bring that into raising my son how do i keep my drma and my son apart?

leray89

Asked by leray89 at 2:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• can someone else watch him for a couple hours so you can nap?
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Take a break even if it's five mins outside catching your breath smoking a cig if you do smoke or what ever trust me it helps. GOOD LUCK>
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'm not sure about where you live, but here we have a Crisis Nursery, moms can get a break a certain number of times a year. If that's not an option, try take a break like pp said.
    southernwldchld

Answer by southernwldchld at 5:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Learn how to get your stress out and find out why it bothers you so much. People often don't realize how much history we carry in our responses to our kids - something from our childhood that we're not aware of, or some other event in our life that the situation is triggering our response and prevents us from living in the here and now. If you are spiritual on any level, I would consider meditation/prayer. If not, I would consider starting a journal - getting out onto paper everything from your day and putting it down on paper - lots of people have found that journaling helps them control their stress and life in general much better. It has to do with connecting the left and right sides of the brain and processing the emotions until they are "rational" - then you can start disconnecting your daily stress from your response to your son.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2009