Dog Smell

We Moved into a smaller home ( a condo) during these hard times. We were so happpy to be able to keep our Dogs, we have 3. My question is, does anyone have any ideas how to keep our porch (were used to a bigger yard) not smelling? Besides the obvious, of keeping the poop cleaned up , I already do this 2-3 times a week. I was hoping for some sort of outdoor care or cleaners, or spray?? This is also my sons play areas and a spot to sit and visit friends in, its a great porch I just dont like it getting stinky!! Anyone else have a porch with dogs?? The porch is larger then most, its made up of Concrete, dirt and bark.

MomofLandon

Asked by MomofLandon at 2:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pets

• walmart sells a yard spray that neutrilizes urine and poo smells. It's expense and works. I use it one every few weeks in my yard. We have a dog and we pick up daily but certain areas that she used alot get that stinky smell that your talking about.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• the walmart one comes in awhite bottle but it's similar to this

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2752879
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Vinegar and baking soda still work better than everything I've tried. A while back we had a particularly bad smelling stain and everyone told me to get Natures Miracle, Resolve, a bunch of other stuff...none of it held a candle to vinegar and baking soda!
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 4:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Thanks you guys!!! Heck I will try both!! =]
    MomofLandon

Answer by MomofLandon at 4:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Hi - there is a wonderful product called Odo Ban - I believe some of the Big box stores carry it. WE get it at costco... It is very safe for Pet and children - It will help a bunch and is LOW cost...
    nuvetmarie

Answer by nuvetmarie at 11:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Check out Petsmart. They ususally have a whole section with stuff to try. There's also an underground system you can use to rid your yard of doggie messes. I've never tried it, so I don't know if it works well. Good Luck.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• The only "real" solution is to train them to hold it until they get a walk. My friend does this, and her house does not smell at all. She has a dog and 3 cats. the sprays may work for short term and sporatic use, however, the ammonia and fecal bacteria will be activated by humidity/moisture. So, eventually it will stink again. Try the walks ... it is good for you and your dogs!
    Pash

Answer by Pash at 11:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2009