Will her Ezcema go away?

I have a 1 1/2 year old daughter who has Ezcema since her first birthdate, she has it on the back of her legs and elbows. We live in Anchorage, Alaska and I noticed that it flared up more during the winter, but now that summer is here...it's not as bad anymore. Will she grow out of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Probably not..but it is likely. I've had it since I was a newborn and now my 15month old has it. My doctor told me to not use ANY johnson and johnson products cause they dry their skin out and to use for hair and body Dove Unscented Body wash...and to also switch his laundry soap to Drift. His eczema has gone away for the most part...he skin was so scally and cracking...now it sometimes hardly EVER it gets a little bumpy I just use lotion on him in that case and he is good to go.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Most likely it won't. My sister has it and her little boy has it too. I have a minor case of psoriasis that i got when I was 20. Look on the bright side there are topical creams out there that can help you and your little one deal with the discomfort and the flair ups.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 6:47 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my ds is 3.....he had it very bad as an infant.....his was worse during the summer.....he has just about outgrown it at this point.......he gets a little rough feeling once in a while but regular lotion takes care of it......if your dd was one when it first showed up.....i don't know if she will outgrow it or not......have to talked with your ped or seen a dermatologist?......hope you find something that helps
    bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 9:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My son has it and it flares up when his asthma is coming on.. His ped gave me some cream for it when it gets really bad and it's not as hard on his skin as cortizone cream... Over time the (cortizone cream) will thin your childs skin so be careful if you do use it. Aveno works good, along with the Aveno body wash if it's not bad enough to take your child to the Dr. You can buy it at WalMart... GL
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My friends daughter has eczema and she buys EMERGE products from me made by Gold Canyon. You can find them online or send me a message if you like. She says it is the only products that works for her.
    MommaM2

Answer by MommaM2 at 11:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2009