• In the Spotlight:

How can I teach my son NO?

I'm still trying to get my 10mth old to understand the meaning of no. any ideas?

Kbp1987

Asked by Kbp1987 at 4:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• be clear, very clear. Don't tell him no to things you shouldn't such as getting into a cupboard (its just exploring) if you dont like him to get into something then just redirect him. No should be used for things like ("no more food, or no to anything dangerous or that could serve as a danger) Just be persistent and clear is all I can suggest.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 5:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Well, he is just 10 months so you have a while yet before he really gets it, just be consistant and stick to your guns, I do NOT agree with poping in any way a child this young, just say NO and REDIRECT your sons behaviour away from things you dont want him to be around or doing
    Good luck!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2009