I've been bleeding for almost 2 weeks now.HELP

I have always had regular periods. They got a little heavier when I had my tubes tied in 2000. I started my last cycle on April 8th like normal. But it stayed very light even going away for a few hours at a time. My period is normally 4-5 days and very heavy from day 2-4. This time it has been light for almost 2 weeks. There are quite a few clots but I think thats just from it being light. I am 39 years old so I dont know if this is just a sign of things to come with menopause or what. I would go into the dr but I called and they said to wait and see if it stopped since I dont have insurance. I dont think it could be stress related as I really havent had any this last month. Other wise I feel fine. I am starting to worry maybe this is something more. Has anyone had anything like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Health

• Insurance or not you need to go in to the doctors.GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yeah, I have that to. I had my tubes done in June of last year, and there where a few months in there were that happened. Mine was light enough to all I had to wear was a pantyliner, but it went alot longer then it should. I asked my doc (I have insurance, so I can go) and they said it was my body getting adjusted to the difference of my tubes being tied. I guess it takes longer for the uterus to clear out with the tubes tied (?). But if it goes into week three, I would go whether they want you to or not.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my tubes were tied almost 9 years ago. so I dont think thats it. The bleeding has slowed down a bit . Someone told me my hormones could be screwed up because i could possibly be starting early menopause? Anyone have an experience with this?
    Anonymous

• to many clots can be bad...see a dr. I had the same problem for 4 wks..had to have a d&c to get cleaned out
    LovingLifeMom2

Answer by LovingLifeMom2 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 22, 2009