how can i put my 5 wks old baby to sleep with less carrying him?

my little boy wants to be carried when he sleeps especially at night! he doesn't want to sleep on his crib or even on our bed beside me. he wants to be carried when he sleeps. and is it really normal that babies wakes up almost every 2 hours to cry for a bottle of milk or change his diaper? it my first baby, and im really really adjusting to this kind of life. i never had a good night sleep! im not blaming my baby , but my sleeping hours changed alot now that i have a baby! its hard, its different, but im kinda loving it!

mommylei1202

Asked by mommylei1202 at 6:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• welcome to parent hood. My daughter never got up every 2 hrs she was a sleeper. How old is your child? try putting him in a swing or bouncey seat to sleep if the crib or bed isn't working. also tyr and stretch him out on feedings every 4-5 hours all day and night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Your baby is FIVE weeks old, its totally normal for everything your baby is doing, you may not like it but you should probably get used to it! As the other poster stated, welcome to parenthood!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 7:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yes every couple hours is normal and like pp said DON'T stretch it to 4 or 5 hrs he's 5 WEEKS old! Feed him when he's hungry. Make sure he's in a deep sleep and try swaddling him before u put him down. If he starts fussing pat him on the back but DON'T let him lay there and cry. He's a baby. He needs to feel his mommy.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yes, feed him when he wakes up... But if you don't want him sleeping on you you can try swaddling him tightly. We did not want our daughter in bed with us (didn't feel comfortable, etc) and that's the only thing that worked to get her to sleep in her bassinet on her back. We got those swaddle blankets with velcro and they did the trick. But the waking up every 2 hours or so is par for the course. That said, he may not wake up as often if he's swaddled, though, and is comfortable sleeping... we finally realized about the swaddling around 7 weeks and our daughter started sleeping one longer stretch -- about 4-5 hours -- at the start of the night.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2009