i've been leaking snot-like mucus, should i be worried?

momma904

Asked by momma904 at 7:27 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no, don't worry... sounds like your mucus plug and it is quite common to lose it over a course of days or weeks. It doesn't mean that you are going into labor, since the mucus plug can "grow back". It does seem to happen to most women in the final weeks of pregnancy though.

Unless you are crapping and the mucus is mixed with a lot of bright red blood, it can probably wait until your next check up.  If it makes you feel better though, call your care provider and see what they say about it....

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• How far along are you? If you aren't that far along I would be worried because when I lost my mucus plug at 34 weeks I had our son 3 days later. Mine wasn't bloody at all and I have heard that it can grow back, as stated above. But if you are not far along, I would say before 35 weeks call your doctor.
    fallin4aSOLDIER

Answer by fallin4aSOLDIER at 9:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2009