determining conception from early ultrasound, how?

when you are given a due date based off of ultrasound rather than what your LMP suggests do you count back 38 weeks or 40 to determine when conception may have occured?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They go based off the size of the baby. They measure the baby and each week of the pregnancy the baby has a milestone to pass. I was told at a 9 week ultra sound I was due on the 20th of the month then at the 20 week it went to the 15th of the month. It is hard to say what day you became pregnant as the sperm can live in you for 3 days and it depends on when the egg was released. As far as I know they have no way of telling what day it was but they go based off the size of the baby. Your due date is an estimate that can change by a week or two depending on the size of the baby so don't worry about the day you could have gotten pregnant and worry about the due date and having a good healthy baby.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2009