my 3 month old has achne under his chin and on his chest from what we think is formula spilage how do we get rid of itwe wash his with a warm cloth a few times a day....

my 3 moth old has achne on his chestand throat

Angel_care

Asked by Angel_care at 8:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's just getting irritated from the bacteria from formula/spitup. Wipe with a disposable cloth instead of using the same burp cloth for hours at a time -- that helped for us. And then you can put a little vaseline on it to form a water barrier. That's about all you can do. It shouldn't last too long
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• do you mean a baby wipe? then put vasoline on it when hes doen and goingon a nap lets say?
    Angel_care

Answer by Angel_care at 8:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Keep it as dry as possible. Not only from formula, but drool as well.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Not a baby wipe -- like a damp paper towel or something. The baby wipes have various chemicals in them that could irritate it further.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Vaseline will help keep the moisture from his skin. I use Johnson's Soothing Naturals Healing Balm, which has been working really well for my daughter's skin. I also use it on her cheeks.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:48 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my son have the same problem with his face and chast after going to the dr repetidly and they would say to use vaseline on it but it did not help so I asked the dr for hidracortizon 1 % I have been using that first than layre it with vaseline it has been helping him good luck
    hameedakeya

Answer by hameedakeya at 12:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009