Is anyone else's doctor evasive in answering questions?

I don't know if it's just me, but my doctor wouldn't give me a straight answer on anything I was concerned about. Like, can I have artificial sweeteners?, can I have caffeine?, can I use self tanner? Can I continue lifting weights? Who else am I supposed to ask besides my doctor?

jessiepink

Asked by jessiepink at 8:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• all of us here on Cafemom!! artificial sweetners are fine, caffeine 2 times daily is fine too, I stoped it all together but thats just me, also if you lifted weights before u were pregnant u can continue now. Just watch how much weight and the sets of which u are doing.... self tanner i personally have no clue, but i would assume its fine if u can use regular loction.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I use cafemom also. This place is a lifesaver!
    My doctor is an absolute dumbass- I seriously think he got his jacket and certificate from a Cheerio box. Whats more stressful is this is my 1st preganancy and there are just some things I really dont want him to laugh at and brush off...
    You are not alone!
    MssBlckEyeliner

Answer by MssBlckEyeliner at 9:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Hah : ) this is my first pregnancy too. We switched doctors once already for the same reason, but i looks like they are all the same. I almost felt out of place for asking the questions. Guess they don't want to get sued.

I've been taking it easy on the weight training just to be on the safe side. I've mostly been walking an hour a day and still taking dance classes. I had to cut back to pretty much ballet b/c I can't keep my heart rate under 140bpm in any other type of class. I'm also finding it hard to keep up my healthy diet b/c absolutely EVERYTHING makes me sick except for toast : )
    jessiepink

Answer by jessiepink at 10:11 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would never continue to see a Dr. that I didn't like or that didn't answer my questions. Just because this could be his hundreth, etc pregnancy/birth he may not realize that it is your first and there are things you want to know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2009