Do expensive hairsprays really hold better than cheaper ones?

danalee11

Asked by danalee11 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I don't think they do but I guess its a matter of opinion my hair spray is cheap and I love it I use Suave

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I am a hairstylist and i use to think it didnt matter. Hairspray is hairspray, right? well after being a hair stylisdt for a few years i have come to find it does matter. I wouldnt say neccesarily more expensive brands hold better but i would say well know , name brands do hold better. They have alot of different kinds of hairsprays as well, all that do different things. Some are for flexible hold, so they almost have a waxy feeling to them and leaves your hair more bendy then crunchy like traditional hairsprays might. I currently use redkin workforce and big sexy, backcomb in a bottle. they are amazing. Backcomb in a bottle is great for anyone who wants volume but isnt so great at teasing there on hair. It does all the work for you and i have yet to find anything comparable to it at walmart or somewhere like that.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 12:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• absolutely
    freesririt1990

Answer by freesririt1990 at 3:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• freeze it is the strongest hair spray I've ever used, and it's about $4 a bottle. It's great for teasing.
    wallylicious

Answer by wallylicious at 6:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Oh yes. I've used cheap stuff, and sort of expensive stuff $20, and I love my $20 bottle of Kenra!!! Ran out though...
    navyma23

Answer by navyma23 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Thank you everyone for your responses....lots of good answers
    danalee11

Answer by danalee11 at 8:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Aussie is goooooood but cheap works good for some
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 9:02 PM on Apr. 29, 2009