My overweight Fiance

My fiance wants to loose weight and I can tell he's self concious about his weight, he wears size 48"30". And sometimes we'll be out in public and we get looks like she's with him..just pathetic ppl being dumb. He tries not to let it show, and he does a good job but i know better. Idk what to do to help. Cuz i don't want it to seem like I'm embarrassed about his weight but he's at an unhealthy weight. Idk how to handle this situation. Any ideas or advice would deff be appreciated

Kbp1987

Asked by Kbp1987 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Health

• Well, have you thought about the two of you starting to workout or exercise together? You could just tell him you want to live more healthy so you'll be around longer for your child. He should go along with it. And you can start cooking ober healthy stuff to and just tell him it's good for the child/ren to learn to eat healthy now. Just some ideas. I have found it always helps to have someone to exercise/workout with then it is to do it alone.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My Man has gotten up to a 42-32 an he has gotten the same "Its time to do something" So for him He has wanted to start liftin weights for the manly approach1 I thru them out about 5 yrs ago so now i will be replacing them soon. have him change WHEN He eats what. And there realy are some delious reciepies on the south beach web site that I have recently been cooking from, he doesnt know it yet but i wanted to do my part!! Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Love him as he is, support his efforts if he wants to lose weight. If what you really want is a skinny little Abercrombie sissy, stop leading your fiance on and go get one of those. If I were you, I'd enjoy the big, burly, strong manly man you chose and appreciate all of his assets with all your heart. If he loves you and is good to you, that makes him hotter than Brad Pitt and Vin Diesel combined :) Before you get married, I recomment reading The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yeah you could excerise together, even walking is good. He can cut down his portion size and not go back for seconds, that will help him a bunch (it did me and men are supposed to be able to loose weight faster then woman). Be supportive and helpful. If you do the shopping buy baked snacks instead of fried, etc. It will be easier for him if you are by his side and if you join him that makes it so much better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I agree. Instead of making this a weight issue, make it a health issue & do it together. Take walks, start a new hobby, find something that will both help his weight & also bring you closer as a couple. I have a very close friend who is morbidly obese & dieting alone will only take you so far. You have to be active.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I like big stong burly men too. Don't make it an issue unless he does. You could however take walks together and serve more fresh fruits and veggies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Do the diet and exercise togehter. Start by getting rid of all the junk food in your house, replace it with healthy choices. Check out Weight Watchers, it is not a diet but a lifestyle change that teaches you have to eat healthy, control portions. You can eat anything, in moderation. Go for a walk after dinner. Start small and work your way up to a couple of miles a day. On weekends do things outside: walk, garden, etc. If you have kids, play with them outside, play kickball, soccer, baseball, basketball. Play tag, hide and seek, etc.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009